Installation and linux!

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Thu Oct 26 02:34:26 EDT 2006

Hi Bob

    Basic installation of grads under linux is simple in most cases,
download the binaries them, untar them, put them where you want then
make a link from usr/local/bin to the grads that you want to run.
    With fedora, someone has kindly compiled a version for it and works
very well, you will find it on the grads ftp site.
    I would recommend fc3 as grads does work on it, I have a slackware
11 box and I can't get the dods to work as yet after a lengthy period of
trying, I have a feeling that the problems I am experiencing will become
more common with other latest releases of linux.

    Hope this helps
       Jean Pierre

--
Jean Pierre Arabonis