Cannot contour grid - all undefined values

Brian Gaze brian.gaze at NTLWORLD.COM
Sun Oct 22 14:00:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

When using partial (or sometimes with the whole file GRIBS1 dowloaded) downloads of GFS GRIBS1 files to plot variables in PC GRADS (I'm running on Win XP SP2), I often receive the message "Cannot contour grid - all undefined values " when I try to generate the plot. However, sometimes, for no obvious reason the process works and the plot is successfully generated.

To partially download files I am using the scripts provided by Wesley Ebisuzaki, and these are working without problem. Once downloaded I run grib2ctl.pl to create the ctl file, and this works ok. I then run gribmap on the ctl file and this also seems ok.

Any ideas on what is causing my problems?

Best Regards,

Brian Gaze