eof in grads

suha aslam aslamsuha at YAHOO.COM
Sun Oct 22 12:03:57 EDT 2006

Dear Gradsusers,
        Following the website
http://www.atmos.ucla.edu/~munnich/grads/EOF/index.html
 i tried to install the tool to compute eof in grads on my Windows2000 computer. The site does not clearly tells how to install it in a windows machine. I tried it and the following error messages pop up.

ga-> sdfopen d:\rhum.mon.mean.nc
        Scanning self-describing file:  d:\rhum.mon.mean.nc
        Found 1 data variables in SDF file.
        Found displayable variable rhum with 8 levels in SDF file.
        SDF file d:\rhum.mon.mean.nc is open as file 1
        LON set to 0 360
        LAT set to -90 90
        LEV set to 1000 1000
        Time values set: 1948:1:1:0 1948:1:1:0
ga-> set t 1 20
        Time values set: 1948:1:1:0 1949:8:1:0
ga-> eof rhum
       Writing data to transfer file...
       Executing eof binary ...

       Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
       'eofudf' not a variable or function name
       Error ocurred at column 1
       DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
       Expression = eofudf(rhum,20,12,-1,70,rhum_)
       eof.gs: First call of eofudf returned Error. STOP
ga->
         what could have been wrong?  can anybody used to this tool help me? when i tried to install it on linux (Redhat enterprise workstation) the situation was even worse. A help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
suha