Units of Precipitation,U,V wind etc. in ERA 40 datasets

sajjad saeed sajjad_met at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 10 06:52:11 EST 2006

Dear Bernd Becker,

The units are not given on that page and on the related links. Can you tell
me what is the unit of precipitation in ERA 40 datasets. Is precipitation
expressed in mm/day or cm/day etc for the daily data? Likewise what are the
units of U and V components of wind, Is it expressed in m/see or cm/see etc.
Where from I can get such information

Thankyou for your early response

Sajjad

Sajjad Saeed
Meteorologist,
Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD),
P.O.Box 1214, Sector H-8/2, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Research Fellow,
Global Change Impact Studies Centre (GCISC),
First Floor, Saudi Pak Tower, Blue Area, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Ph:  +92-51-9219785,   Fax:  +92-51-9219787
Mob:+92-334-5419962
Email: sajjad_met at hotmail.com. sajjad2pk2 at yahoo.com
sajjad.saeed at gcisc.org.pk