page setting

Matthias Munnich munnich at ATMOS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Nov 2 18:07:50 EST 2006

Right.  Internally GrADS always "thinks" in  terms of  a  8"x11"
letter pages
(see any lower level draw command, like "draw line").
To get A4 output gxeps scales the plot.  This is done by these lines

- ----------------------8<-------------------
71 109 translate %move origin slightly in
0.113400 0.113400 scale  % Units: 1000 = 2 cm
- ---------------------->8-------------------

The first moves the origin in as most printers cannot print to the
very edge of the paper.
The 2nd line scales the figure.  If you replace these lines by

- ----------------------8<-------------------
100 154 translate %move origin slightly in
0.1603718179 0.1603718179 scale % Units: 1000 = 2.828 cm
- ---------------------->8-------------------

i.e., all number multiplied by sqrt(2) you'll get A3 output.

... Matt

Ren Diandong wrote:
> Hi, Lorna,
>
> I may overlooked your original message. If you want to resize the
> output ps or eps files. The brute force way would be edit the ps
> file (believe me, it is not hard at all). Or if you want to resize
> to A3 or any other size of paper (US letter, A4 etc.) Have a ruler
> at hand and use psresize utility. I am sure it does not matter if
> you view it on a screen. So, my guess is you care the hardcopy
> prints.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> D. Ren
>
> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 12:37 -0800, lorna nayagam wrote:
>> Dear Henrique, This was what I meant. I do not want to resize the
>> window but to make the default page to A3 size. I too think it
>> may not be possible. Thank you for your time and concern. Lorna
>>

>> Ms. Lorna R. Nayagam, Junior Research Fellow, Department of
>> Atmospheric Sciences, Cochin University of Science and
>> Technology, Finearts Avenue, Cochin 682016

>>  Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right
>> on the new Yahoo.com

- --
Matthias Munnich
Univ. of California, Los Angeles
Inst. of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
3845 Slichter Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567
Phone: +1-310-794 5899
Fax: +1-310-206 3051