bandpass Lanczos filter in wavenumber domain

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 1 19:40:40 EST 2006

Dear S. De,

First of all, you will need the algorithm for that.
Than you have to decide if you will try to do it:

1) inside grads, using the grads scripting language
2) or if you will write a separate program that is called
from grads as a user defined function
3) or if you will do all the calculation in the program
outside grads and use grads only a visualization
tool for your results.

The best option will depend... Are you a better
grads or fortran programmer? How often you will
need this tool? How much data you will have to
analyze? and things like that.

I do have a pdf file with the original paper by Lanczos
that I can send to you, if you like. I may also
already have a fortran code for doing it, if you
need it, but I have to find it.

Cheers,
Henrique