Fwrite output (WINDOWS) in .txt or ASCII format (vs unreadable binary)

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 1 19:27:27 EST 2006

Dear Jason,

Fwrite will write output in binary format, i.e., a sequence of bytes
in a archive without formating... Therefore, you will not be able
to see the values if you open it with a text editor, for instance.

If you want to write an ascii file, then use write command, within
a script. Look at the documentation:

http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html

If you need a binary file thou, than fwrite is the way to go.
Remember that you have to:

set gxout fwrite
set fwrite <options> <file name>

To open or deal with these binary files you will need a
fortran or c program... well, matlab will also do it...
and of course, grads, if you write a ctl appropriate
for you binary output.

{}'s
Henrique