GrADS DODS on AMD 64

Derek Goring nztideman at YAHOO.CO.NZ
Sat Mar 25 23:58:24 EST 2006

I've been running GrADS DODS 1.8 under Win XP on a PC from DOS successfully for a couple of years now and I've just migrated to an AMD 64 with everything else the same.  But on the AMD 64 when I get into GrADS DODS using GrADSDODS -lbc and paste:
  sdfopen http://nomad3.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs/rotating/gfs_12z
  the system sits there doing nothing.  It's as if I need a LF or CR on the end.
  Yet the same thing works fine with other PCs.

  The error message I get when I crash out is:
  Failed assertion stream at line 1083 of file Connection.cc
  (Not sure if this is relevant)

  Can anyone help?

Derek Goring
Mulgor Consulting Ltd