Aggregating Pentad Data Files

Jennifer M. Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Tue Jun 13 15:37:53 EDT 2006

Scott,
I don't like your 'trick' (saying it's daily data when it's really
pentad) because it leads to dreadfully inaccurate time metadata. No
wonder your monthly averages don't match up -- how is GrADS suppsed
to know what to average? A better strategy would be to rename your
files (or set up symbolic links) that have the actual date of each
pentad. Something like:
      pentad.19790101.data
      pentad.19790106.data
      pentad 19790111.data
Then, you have a DSET and TDEF like this:
DSET ^pentad.1979%m2%d2.data
TDEF linear 01jan1979 5dy

Jennifer

Jennifer M. Adams