Problem with 'query shades' - strange behaviour

Jennifer M. Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Tue Jun 13 14:49:18 EDT 2006

Witek,
The difference is likely due to the current 'gxout' setting. If you
add 'set gxout shaded' to your script before your display command,
then it should always generate the output you're looking for from 'q
shades'.
Jennifer

On Jun 13, 2006, at 1:23 PM, Witold Interewicz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I issue the following sequence of commands:
>
> 'define PTOTM = maskout( PTOT ; PTOT - 0.1 )'
> 'display PTOTM'
> say result
> 'query shades'
> say result
>
> This sequence should plot PTOT masked below 0.1 . Both 'say result'
> should
> generate output like this:
>
> Contouring at clevs =  1 2 5 10 15 20 25 30 40
> 16 < 1
> 17 1 2
> 18 2 5
> 19 5 10
> 20 10 15
> 21 15 20
> 22 20 25
> 23 25 30
> 24 30 40
> 25 40 >
>
> assuming that I've defined proper scale prior to presented commands
> sequence.
> The problem is, that this sequence sometimes prints something like
> this:
>
> Contouring at clevs =  1 2 5 10 15 20 25 30 40
> None
>
> It means, that somewhere in between time defined scale of values
> and colors
> disappears. Whats the reason of this behaviour, and how could it be
> avoided?
>
> Please help me, this error seems to be random and I can't figure
> out where the
> problem is. Having "None" from 'query shades' one can not plot the
> scale properly.
>
> --
> Witek

> Kobieta.wp.pl - wspólnie tworzymy to miejsce. Dołącz do nas -
> czekamy!
> http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fkobieta.wp.pl%2F&sid=793

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA