Problem with 'query shades' - strange behaviour

Witold Interewicz yinter_robocze at WP.PL
Tue Jun 13 13:23:01 EDT 2006

Hello,

I issue the following sequence of commands:

'define PTOTM = maskout( PTOT ; PTOT - 0.1 )'
'display PTOTM'
say result
'query shades'
say result

This sequence should plot PTOT masked below 0.1 . Both 'say result' should
generate output like this:

Contouring at clevs =  1 2 5 10 15 20 25 30 40
16 < 1
17 1 2
18 2 5
19 5 10
20 10 15
21 15 20
22 20 25
23 25 30
24 30 40
25 40 >

assuming that I've defined proper scale prior to presented commands sequence.
The problem is, that this sequence sometimes prints something like this:

Contouring at clevs =  1 2 5 10 15 20 25 30 40
None

It means, that somewhere in between time defined scale of values and colors
disappears. Whats the reason of this behaviour, and how could it be avoided?

Please help me, this error seems to be random and I can't figure out where the
problem is. Having "None" from 'query shades' one can not plot the scale properly.

--
Witek