ctl file to plot tracks

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Wed Dec 6 10:24:47 EST 2006

Nelsie,

Please find attached two scripts (plot_hurricane_center2b.gs,
plot_hurricane_center2c.gs) to plot hurricane tracks.  They differ in
that plot_hurricane_center2c.gs writes the track coordinate info to a
text file (one hurricane track per file) which is then read back into
GrADS for plotting later in the script, while plot_hurricane_center2b.gs
stores the track coordinate info in local variables... If you have a lot
of tracks or very high time resolution, storing the track coordinate
info in local variables could be a problem...

I hope this helps,
Chuck

--

Please note that Charles.Seman at noaa.gov should be considered my NOAA
email address, not cjs at gfdl.noaa.gov.

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect
any position of the Government or NOAA."