Drawing 1-D Variables

Christian Grob christiangrob at GMX.NET
Mon Aug 21 03:54:59 EDT 2006

Dear Grads-Users,
I'm desperately trying to draw the 1-D values of variables with Grads. The variables are saved as "var1". the prompt 'd var1' just shows me the value in the terminal, but not in the seperate Grads window. I already tried 'd string 1 1 "var1"' and variations of this prompt, but it always drew "var1" but not the value of this variable. how can I plot the value into the graphics or maps created by grads?

Thanks in advance
Christian