GrADS don't open it's X-display Window over ssh tunnel :-(

alexander.beck-ratzka alexander.beck-ratzka at AEI.MPG.DE
Mon Aug 21 03:35:37 EDT 2006

On Saturday 19 August 2006 21:39, Manik Bali wrote:
> Hi
> I also faced the same problem.
> Well I can suggest a workaround.
> Start an xterm on the remote m/c and when you get the xterm visible on
> your laptop, run the grads on this xterm.

Thanks for the tip, but is doesn't work also :-(

I've got the same problems as before... xterm, running GrADS in xterm yields:

_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for localhost
Error in GXSTRT: Unable to connect to X server

No user hints, tips, etc...

Cheers

Alexander