rainfall rate time series

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 30 09:18:08 EDT 2005

Dear BishoyiRatna,

Here's how I would do it:

set x 1
set y 1
set t 1 10
t1=aave(prec,lon=-10,lon=10,lat=-10,lat=10)
t2=aave(prec(t+1),lon=-10,lon=10,lat=-10,lat=10)
d t2-t1

notice the (t+1).... this will displace the time in 1 time step.
so that when you display t2-t1, you are actually calculating
the precipitation in that particular hour.

of course you will need to change the areas for the average,
and the time span as well

]['s
Henrique