Average zone wind

Satyaban BishoyiRatna satya_atmos at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 16 00:41:04 EDT 2005

Dear Ismael
    I think you want to plot the Latitude-Height crossection of average zonal windof august. Is the three years data in a single file or in three different file ? and your output are how much time interval ?
Any way if it is in a single file you have to write three 'define' statement.

open your XXXXX.ctl file

you first average for august 2000 and define it simillarly for 2001 and 2002.
such as
define u2000= ave(u,t= ,t= )       {i.e average between two time}
define u2001= .....
define u2002= .....
now for three year average you can define again
define u3year= (u2000+u2001+u2002)/3

set lev 1000 100  (pressure from 1000-100)
set lat -20 20  (latitude from -20 to 20)

now as u wish you fix any particular longitude or you can average for long variation

set lon 120
d u3year

I think now you can do your jub.

Regards