Color scale and shading

Heiner Körnich heiner at MISU.SU.SE
Mon Nov 28 04:49:53 EST 2005

Hi,

you need to use rbrange and cint
eg.
'set rbrange -50 50'
'set cint 10'

If your contour interval is not fixed with that you have to combine
clevs with ccols, eg.
'set clevs -50 -40 -30 .... 30 40 50'
'set ccols 1 2 3 4 ... 4 5 6 7'

You have to define the colours in ccols. I am attaching a script with
colours that I am normally using, ie. function farben from blue to red,
and farben2..4 for many levels from greyish to redish. The rainbow
sequence is changed therein with 'rbcols'.

Good luck,
Heiner

--
Heiner Körnich
Dept. of Meteorology                    Tel:    +46 8 164333
SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden             Email:  heiner at misu.su.se