Displaying lines and point data on a NPS projection

Julian Brimelow brimelow at UALBERTA.CA
Tue May 24 15:01:18 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I was hoping that someone could help a novice user of GrADS to figure out
how to plot lines and/or point data when the background map is displayed in
NPS.  I have successfully made a rectangle for a project area, but when I
overlay it on the background map the rectangle is displayed in the correct
location but not in NPS (seems to still be displaying in a Cartesian
coordinate system).  I converted the lat-lon (world) coordinates to map
coordinates after setting the display mode to NPS.  The same problem was
encountered when trying to display/overlay the position of severe weather
reports. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?  Thank you in
advance.

Best regards,
Julian

Julian Charles Brimelow
Meteorologist
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2E3

Tel: 780 492 5406