Creating Binary Dataset

Neil Davis nndavis at UNITY.NCSU.EDU
Tue May 24 15:46:46 EDT 2005

I am running a 1D lake model and am looking to view the output in
grads.  Currently the model is outputing all values for each timestep
into a file when I created ascii output of what it was writing I found
that it output day, y grid point, x grid point, depth, evaporation, and
then a value for temperature every meter from the top to the bottom.  I
am interested in the Evaportation and surface temperatures most.  I have
read what I have found on the Binary Data format but am very confused as
to what exactly the structure of my output should be.

Thank you for your help

Neil Davis
Graduate Student
NCSU Regional Climate Lab