set defval

Dave Allured dave.allured at NOAA.GOV
Fri Mar 25 20:22:14 EST 2005

Semyon,

Set defval and q defval are strange like that.  They are supposed to be
used only on defined (in-memory) variables with only two dimensions.
This is documented, sort of, if you read closely:

   http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetdefval.html

I think of them as incompletely implemented functions, since I have also
desired to change spot information in 3D arrays.

--Dave