NOVICE USER QUESTION

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Wed Mar 16 16:35:51 EST 2005

Michael:

Please try the following in your "VARS" record section in GRADS.ctl:

WindSpd   9  99  Wind Speeds

...you can check out the documentation at web site
http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#VARS

-----

The format of the variable records is as follows:

      varname levs units description

-----

also, you may want to check out the various OPTIONS specifications
available at:

http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#OPTIONS

and for general documentation (not sure if you've checked this out yet?):

http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#TOP

I hope this helps,
Chuck

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08542                 http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect
any position of the Government or NOAA."