Help with gridded data

zilore mumba zmumba at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 17 02:21:42 EST 2005

I have an apparently very simple problem.
 I have correlation data cor(i,j) over an xy domain. Using a fortran program I have written the data into binary to display in Grads. Apparently Grads is able to open the data file.
when I put recl=4*l, the display is blank (with only map of Africa of course)
when I put recl=8*l, the display says constant field value=0.

Here are snippets from my fortran program:

 open (10,file='zcor824.dat',form='unformatted',access='direct', recl=4*(l+1))

irec=0
     do k=1,m
        irec=irec+1
        write(10,rec=irec) (cor(i,j),i=1,l)
     enddo

and my ctl file

dset zcor824.dat
undef -1.00E+09
title correlation
xdef 55 linear -30 1.5
ydef 57 linear -42 1.5
zdef 1 levels   850
tdef 999 linear              00Z29AUG97   6hr
vars 1
cor  1       99  linear correl coeff
endvars

Any help would be very welcome to resolve my problem
Thanks all.