Beginning on GDS

Tony Jolibois tjolibois at CLS.FR
Wed Mar 9 08:43:45 EST 2005

            Jennifer,

Thank you for the quick reply. Please find the information missing, sorry.

Jennifer Adams wrote:

> Tony -
> Please send the complete text of the GrADS session when you run the
> same version of GrADS that you're using behind your GDS and give it
> the command 'open /home/opendap/gds-1.2.9/mercator_test.ctl'.

[opendap at las-dev opendap]$ gradsnc

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b3
Copyright (c) 1988-2003 by Brian Doty
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
Institute for Global Environment and Society
All Rights Reserved

Config: v1.9b3 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
ga-> open /home/opendap/gds-1.2.9/mercator_test.ctl
Scanning description file:  /home/opendap/gds-1.2.9/mercator_test.ctl
Data file
/home/opendap/mercator_psy2v1_mersea_grid1o8_med_b20040128_f200402109999.nc
is open as file 1
LON set to -6 36.375
LAT set to 30 45.875
LEV set to 5 5
Time values set: 1989:1:3:0 1989:1:3:0
ga->

> Then put your GDS is debug mode <log mode=debug/>, reboot the server,
> and send along the text from the log file starting from the point when
> it restarted.
>
> You should also send the descriptor file, the output from ncdump -c on
> your netcdf file, and your copy of gds.xml.

All of these file are in the tar file attached.
Regards,
Tony

> Without all these helpful pieces of information there's no way I can
> help you figure out what's going on with your GDS.

> Jennifer
>

> On Mar 9, 2005, at 5:44 AM, Tony Jolibois wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I try to configure a GDS-1.2.9 to serve netCDF data.
>     Some of these data are for the moment served by a DODS-AS here
>     http://opendap.aviso.oceanobs.com (if you want to see .das and .dds).
>     I use grads-1.9b3.
>     I created a ctl file with the netCDF and I'm able to open it in
>     grads.
>     But when I try to display urlDataset.dds, I have an error like this :
>
>     Error {
>     code = 0;
>     message = "extraction failed; couldn't open
>     /home/opendap/gds-1.2.9/mercator_test.ctl";
>     };
>
>     This file exist and I can open it, where can be my error ?
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Tony
>

> --
> Jennifer M. Adams