GDS: double entries in .das metadata

Dan Swank Dan.Swank at NOAA.GOV
Thu Jul 14 13:48:24 EDT 2005

All,

We are in the final stages of setting up an Live Access Server on top of
our GDS.  In one stage of pulling in data, the LAS reads from the GDS
.das information.  It came to my attention that some variables were not
working becuase the .das contained double entries for certain..
seemingly random - variables, which cuases problems.
for example:  var[weasd] in
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov:9091/dods/NCEP_NAM/subsets/nam_218_precip_048_051.das

Also noticed that some of the variables have more information than
others.  In our configuration file, I only specified <metadata> units
tags for each variable and nothing else.
Running latest version of GDS and GrADS.

Does anyone know what could cuase this?
Could it be something inconsistant in the control files the gds parses?

Thanks,
--
Dan Swank <dan.swank at noaa.gov>
NCDC/NOMADS programmer