GDS: double entries in .das metadata

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu Jul 14 15:58:21 EDT 2005

Dan,
The only way I am able to reproduce a duplicate a metadata field like
that is if there are two identical entries in the gds.xml file. Did you
look carefully through it for two instances of the "weasd" units
declaration? When I look at the .info page for the example you gave
(instead of the .das) I noticed that there are a bunch of global
"units" attributes -- must be something slightly wrong with the way
you've got the metadata tags in your config file. Perhaps a better
long-term solution is to put the extra metadata fields in the
descriptor files instead of the gds config files -- that would simplify
your configuration files A LOT and put control of the metadata at the
descriptor file level.
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams