Exporting Grads graphics to Windows

zilore mumba zmumba at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 14 03:38:14 EDT 2005

Hello Grads users,

Assistance is sought, if possible, to my following problem:

I use Grads on a LINUX box. However I am not able to configure LINUX to print on a windows network printer .

A few months ago I was able to generate Grads BMP graphics with the printim command (and while still in LINUX) convert the BMP to GIF and then ftp the gif image to Windows, which I was then able to use in Word documents. When I export the BMP image to Windows it is not recognised at all.

Currently, the GIF image, when exported to Windows opens only about half a centimetre at the top.

I was interested to know the printim command options, which I could try, to hopefully get round my problem. The manual does not say what the printim options are, but I see people quoting options like –b, -t, etc.

Help would be appreciated

Zilore Mumba