cbar.gs & cbarn.gs

Daniel Leins Daniel.Leins at NOAA.GOV
Sun Jan 30 18:49:05 EST 2005

All,

I've made a contoured/shaded plot of temperatures across a given area,
and now I'd like to add a color bar to depict what colors are associated
with what temperatures.  I've been successful in getting cbar and cbarn
to work, however, I'd like to know if there is a way to adapt these
scripts to draw the color bar normally, but perhaps label every other
color.  I've defined about 60 "custom" colors for use on this map, and
it gets awfully crowded when it plots the values associated with each of
these colors.  I have my colors defined every 2 degrees from -10 to 110 F.

Can anyone provide me with any insight?

Thanks,
Dan Leins