Help! How to get the weather information of a point plot?

ricardo marcelo da silva ricardom at ACD.UFRJ.BR
Sun Jan 30 17:17:42 EST 2005

script command goes out of '', not like and GrADS command, and you
cannot use it in command prompt.

'set lon -90 -90'
'set lat 45 45'
'set t 1'
'd u'

it holds the prompt result on the var "result", to get
access it you need do that:

rec=subwrd(result,4)         -> 4th word of the "result" var
                                is the value displayed

so now you can write it:

write("var_u.dat",append,rec)

note that rec.... and write... command lines do not has
the ''

final script looks like that:

'set lon -90 -90'
'set lat 45 45'
'set t 1'
'd u'
rec=subwrd(result,4)
write("var_u.dat",append,rec)

run it and you will get a ASCII file called var_u.dat

Ricardo.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:08:01 -0400, z z wrote
> Dear Ricardo
> What's the mean of "GrADS script command"? Would you please give me
> an example? I have no any idea in my mind at the moment. Thanks a
> lot Harry
>
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:44:44 -0300, ricardo marcelo da silva
> <ricardom at acd.ufrj.br> wrote:
> > fwrite outputs in binary, so you will not be able to open
> > it in a text editor like a ASCII file.
> > You can try to write it to a ASCII file, using
> > write command script. Note, it is not a GrADS command,
> > but a GrADS script command.
> > After that you can use PHP/Java,etc... to read that file.
> >
> > Ricardo.
> >
> > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:32:20 -0400, z z wrote
> > > Dear Lee
> > > Thanks for your reply. But I still have a question about the fwrite.
> > > For example:
> > > I want to collect the paramters value of the point(-90 45)) and write
> > > these paramters to a binary file. I wrote the script like this:
> > >
> > > 'set lon -90 -90'
> > > 'set lat 45 45'
> > > 'set t 1'
> > > 'set gxout fwrite'
> > > 'set fwrite output.dat'
> > > 'd z'
> > > 'd u'
> > > 'disable fwrite'
> > >
> > > The output.dat file was generated. But how can i open and read this
> > > file from another application? is it a standard binary file? I got
> > [UTF-8?]> this unreadable info "C p·?ãË? " when I try to open this file
in
> > an
> > > text editor.
> > > Is my understand right? expecting your response
> > > Thanks alot

GrADS?
defined