xdfopen error with ddf file of XieArkin data

Ji-Yun SEO joy0826 at PUSAN.AC.KR
Wed Jan 12 19:38:57 EST 2005

Greetings,

Thank you for giving me some advice to solve ddf file problem.
Sadly, i've still got a  problem

1. sdfopen XieArkin-1979-2002.nc
   i could draw a picture of data but it's only for one time
   it does not vary with time even though this data have 288 times.

   *my grads version :
     Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.7Beta9
     Config: v1.7Beta9 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf hdf-sds lats
             athena im/image-output

2. gradsnc : xdfopen prec.ddf
    this error massage comes :
Scanning Descriptor File:  prec.ddf
XDFOpen Error:  Invalid variable record
  --> The invalid description file record is:
  --> prc2 prc2 1 99 precipitation
  The data file was not opened.
it seems to me that there's something wrong with prec.ddf file
please check my ddf file
i think grads can't distinguish a capital letter so PRC2 => prc2 are same
for Grads ,aren't they?
DSET ^XieArkin-1979-2002.nc
*UNDEF 1E36
UNDEF -999.f