xdfopen error with ddf file of XieArkin data

Dave Allured dave.allured at NOAA.GOV
Wed Jan 12 20:01:55 EST 2005

Ji-Yun,

1.  Change your dimension environment to see different time steps.  This
is very basic Grads operation:

     sdfopen XieArkin-1979-2002.nc
     d prec2       <----- displays the first time step only

     set t 2
     d prec2       <----- displays the second time step only

     set t 1 50
     d prec2       <----- displays time steps 1-50 animated

     etc.

2.  Did you see the message from Todd Mitchell two hours ago?  Please DO
NOT use xdfopen or a DDF with this file.  They will only create more
confusion in this case!  Thank you!

--Dave A.
CDC/NOAA/CIRES