problem with amean and aave

Shailendra Rai r_shail77 at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 19 23:56:23 EST 2005

Hello,
You can try
'set t 1'
'set x 1'
'set y 1'
'set z 1 17'
'd  aave(var,x=1,x=xdim,y=1,y=ydim)'
here var is the variable name of which you want to take area average and xdim and ydim is values of length of variable in x and y direction.

Shailendra.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 Roger Shi wrote :
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to plot a line graph of horizontal mean with z varying from
>1000 to 100 mb.
>I did the following
>
>ga-> set z 1 19         ! means from 1000 to 100mb
>ga-> set t 1
>ga->  d  amean(qvapor,x=1,x=800,y=1,y=618)
>
>and  got the error message
>
>Operation error:  Invalid dimension environment
>Looping dimension does not vary
>
>if I did the following
>
>ga-> set z 11         ! means for just 500mb
>ga-> set t 1
>ga->  d  amean(qvapor,x=1,x=800,y=1,y=618)
>Result value = 0.00281046
>
>This means that I can gat a area mean value for a single layer but I
>can't get a line graph to show the vertical distribution. Is there any
>way I can get a line graph to show horizontal mean with z varying from
>1000 to 100 mb? I got the exact same error message with aave.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Roger
>
>--
>Dr. Jainn Jong Shi (aka Roger)
>Bldg 33 Rm C422
>Code 613.1
>NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
>Greenbelt, MD 20771
>email: shi at agnes.gsfc.nasa.gov

Shailendra Rai
K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies
University of Allahabad
INDIA
Phone 09415649617
Telefax +915322460974