new tarball for fedora core

Saurabh Barve sa at ATMOS.COLOSTATE.EDU
Tue Dec 13 12:57:04 EST 2005

Hello Patrice,

I was able to configure the new tarball with the following options:

----
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/hdf/lib -L/usr/local/udunits/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/hdf/include -I/usr/local/udunits/include/" ./configure --enable-dyn-supplibs --with-readline --with-printim --with-lats --with-gui --with-dods --with-nc --with-hdf --with-x --with-netcdf=/usr/local/netcdf --with-netcdf-include=/usr/local/netcdf/include/ --with-netcdf-libdir=/usr/local/netcdf/lib/ --prefix=/usr/local/grads/
----

It is now able to find udunits.h which it was not able to find earlier. I have the following binaries enabled:

+ Command line editing enabled
+ GUI enabled
+ printim enabled
+ LATS enabled
+ gradsnc (plain netCDF) build enabled

But I have gradshdf and gradsdods disabled with the following messages:

---------

checking for udunits.h... (cached) yes
checking for utInit in -ludunits... (cached) yes
checking for SZ_BufftoBuffCompress in -lsz... no
checking for deflate in -lz... yes
checking for jpeg_start_compress in -ljpeg... yes
checking for Hopen in -ldf... yes
checking for SDstart in -lmfhdf... yes
checking for mfhdf.h with compiler... yes
checking for mfhdf.h with preprocessor... yes
checking for ncopen with hdf link flags... no
checking for netcdf.h with compiler... yes
checking for netcdf.h with preprocessor... yes
- gradshdf (HDF-SDS/netCDF) build disabled

checking for udunits.h... (cached) yes
checking for utInit in -ludunits... (cached) yes
checking for opendap-config... no
checking for ncdap-config... no
checking DODS specific root... disabled
checking for dap-config... no
checking for libdap version >= 3.5.0... no
configure: The dap-config script could not be found.
checking for opendap-config... no
checking for libdap with opendap-config... no
checking for ncdap-config... (cached) no
checking for libnc-dap version >= 3.5.0... no
configure: The ncdap-config script could not be found.
checking for libnc-dap with opendap-config... no
checking for netcdf.h with compiler... yes
checking for netcdf.h with preprocessor... yes
- gradsdods (OPeNDAP/netCDF) build disabled

---------

What do I have to do to enable gradshdf and gradsdods?

Thanks,
Saurabh

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 04:01:39PM -0700, Saurabh Barve wrote:
>
>>Attached is the output from ./configure and the config.log.
>

> I am a bit puzzled... Maybe it wasn't the right tarball?
>
> It should right with the one on
> http://www.environnement.ens.fr/perso/dumas/fc-srpms/grads-1.9b4.tar.gz
>
> If it still fail, could you please send the configure script along with the
> configure output and config.log?
>
> --
> Pat

"Yours is to work. The results will take care of themselves"
-- Swami Vivekanand

Saurabh Barve
sa at atmos.colostate.edu
(970)491-7714