GrandDods line 1083 problem

Eyal Freud eyal.freud at ITM.SU.SE
Thu Aug 11 14:20:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

Lately I have downloaded and installed latest Grads from here:
http://www.iges.org/grads/downloads.html

When I run gradsdods.exe, after the two windows open, I type the following
command:

sdfopen
http://nomad3.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/reanalyses/reanalysis-1/6hr/pgb/pgb

and get the following message before the program shut down automatically:

Scanning self-describing file:
http://nomad3.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/reanalyses/reanalysis-1/6hr/pgb/pgb
assertion "stream" failed: file "Connect.cc", line 1083
 4 [sig] GradsDODS 1684 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
GRADS~1.dll.stackdump

My Grads version is: v1.8SL11 32-bit for windows and I run in parallel
X-win32 5.4, but I get the same error message even when I run the program
that does not require X server for windows.
My OS version is WinXP PRO SP2, but I got the same error message after
installing Grads on Win 98SE and win 2000 (and on a Linux machine as well).
Even trying connecting from different networks didn't help (or while being
completely disconnected from the net), same message again.
Trying to connect to any of the other servers gets the same error message
and even when I use any other url such as http://www.hotmail.com, for
instance.

GradsNC.exe seems to work properly. I can open files and produce maps.

Googling about this problem didn't help.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this problem, why it seems like I'm the
only one who has it (regardless what OS, computer or network I use) and what
I can to in order to be able to solve this problem?

I'll be glad to hear any new suggestions, since I've run out of them.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Eyal.