[gradsusr] Gridded data issue

Steven Weiss sweiss at iafrica.com
Sat May 7 08:15:11 EDT 2022

Hi,
I’m trying to read https://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/cwlinks/norm.daily.aao.ensf.z700.b01apr2002_current using its ctl file https://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/cwlinks/norm.daily.aao.ensf.z700.b01apr2002_current.ctl using opengrads 2.2.1
I’m getting nonsensical data in 1st half of the file which looks to be an endian issue.
On changing the ctl file option to big_endian, the first half of the data now looks reasonable but now 2nd half looks nonsensical.
Has anyone perhaps worked with this dataset before and knows what the ctl file should look like ?
Regards
Steven