[gradsusr] Errors with RAP model Winds....

William Rasch - NOAA Federal william.rasch at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 24 15:10:52 EDT 2022

Hi,

I'm getting all kinds of errors trying to simply plot ugrd (any level) of
the RAP model.  I've seen some discussion about this but nothing I'm doing
seems to be working....

The process I'm using is cat (bunch of grib2 RAP files) > rap.master
g2ctl rap.master > rap.master.ctl
gribmap -i rap.master.ctl

I realize I may not be sharing nearly enough information for this, but just
spit balling if anyone has had RAP issues.  Thanks so much...here is the
error...

g2_getfld: return from g2_unpack7 = 4
GRIB2 I/O Error: g2_getfld failed, ierr=14
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'ugrd10m'
Operation Error:  Error from mag function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.
ugrd10m vgrd10m
x1 isss 143.002 505.333 85.3913 309.533
g2_getfld: return from g2_unpack7 = 4
GRIB2 I/O Error: g2_getfld failed, ierr=14
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'ugrd10m'
Operation Error:  Error from mag function
  Error ocurred at column 9
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.
g2_getfld: return from g2_unpack7 = 4
GRIB2 I/O Error: g2_getfld failed, ierr=14
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'ugrd10m'
Operation Error:  Error from maskout function
Operation Error:  Error from maskout function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.
Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'xmag' not a variable or function name
Operation Error:  Error from maskout function
Operation Error:  Error from maskout function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.
SET error:  Missing or invalid arguments for ARRSCL option
Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'ugrd' not a variable or function name
Operation Error:  Error from skip function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = skip(ugrd,10,10)

--