[gradsusr] Saving NETCDF with for time series with timestamp

James Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Fri Nov 5 15:59:02 EDT 2021

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure how you are going about writing to the file, but make sure
you've set the dimensions appropriately.  This from
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetsdfwrite.html:

      Syntax

|set sdfwrite <-3dz or -3dt or -4d or -5d> <-rt or -re> <-flt or -dbl>
<-nc3 or -nc4> <-chunk> <-zip> /fname/|

where

    |/fname/ |output filename (required)

The following six optional arguments are not enabled by default; each
new call to |set sdfwrite
<http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetsdfwrite.html>| will turn
them off if they are not included. The default behavior is to write out
a variable with the same number of varying dimensions as the defined
variable and with no record (unlimited) dimension.

    |-3dt |forces the output data file to have at least 3 coordinate
    dimensions (lon, lat, and time)
    |-3dz |forces the output data file to have at least 3 coordinate
    dimensions (lon, lat, and lev)
    |-4d |forces the output data file to have at least 4 coordinate
    dimensions (lon, lat, lev, and time)
    |-4e |forces the output data file to have at least 4 coordinate
    dimensions (lon, lat, time, and ens)
    |-5d |forces the output data file to have 5 coordinate dimensions
    (lon, lat, lev, time, and ens)
    |-rt |sets the T axis as the record (unlimited) dimension
    |-re |sets the E axis as the record (unlimited) dimension

Jim