[gradsusr] Cannot output in jpg or gif

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Sat Mar 13 12:13:41 EST 2021

Jason,

The GrADS documentation (
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradcomdgxprint.html) states the JPG and
GIF options are not supported by the Cairo library.  Printim is an alias
for gxprint.  PNG is now the only supported image format, but you might
consider one of the vector graphic options.  You could also try using
ImageMagick to convert to JPG or GIF.  Perhaps another GrADS user can
assist, since I have no experience with that.

Stephen McMillan

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 8:58 AM <jason at solargrafix.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to output an image to a format other than png.  I can create
> the png without any problem, but I can not create gif or jpg.  If I
> change the file extension to gif or jpg in my script, nothing is
> created.
>
> Here is the line in my script I am using to create the image...
>
> 'printim C:\xampp\htdocs\weather\models\20210313\HRRR-SNOW24.png x1024
> y768'
>
> I also tried using gxprint instead of printim, but the result was the
> same.  I am using grads 2.2.1
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and/or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient,
you may notreview, copy or distribute this message. If you havereceived
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail, and delete the original