[gradsusr] Q time in 2021 returns ??? for the day

Brian Gaze brianw.gaze at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 20 06:52:18 EDT 2020

Hi,

When doing a q time on a ctl file which contains the following line a
string containing the DAY (e.g. SUN) is returned as expected:

tdef 1 linear 18Z20dec2020 1mo

However, when doing a q time on ctl files which are for a date in 2021 (as
below) the DAY returned is ???

tdef 1 linear 06Z04jan2021 1mo

The month, year and time are returned correctly in both cases. It is only a
problem with the DAY part of the string.

I have experienced this behaviour with GrADS 2.2.0 on Ubuntu and Open GrADS
v2.1.a2.oga.1 on Windows Server 2016.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

PS: If necessary I can post both ctl files in full.

Thanks

Brian