[gradsusr] Metoffice Grib2 data files

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 18 10:12:22 EDT 2020

Mike,

   Wgrib2 has identified that the variable is locally defined and
the local grib table to be used hasn't been set.  This is a problem that
the producer of the grib file needs to fix. (The variable is undefined
until the local table has been identified.)

   Wgrib2 doesn't include any of the Metoffice local grib tables, so wgrib2
should produce some generic name like (made up example)

1:0:d=2016011012:var discipline=2 center=99 local_table=1 parmcat=0
parm=224:surface:9 hour fcst:ens spread

   You can set the local grib table to a valid value (not 0 or 255) by

        wgrib2 file -set local_table 1 -grib new_file

G2ctl will then make a control file with some generic name like var20224sfc.

Wesley