[gradsusr] Highlight some grids over a shaded plot

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 23:29:55 EDT 2020

Use 'set tile' and then 'set rgb *tile*' to create a color table that uses
symbols instead of actual colors. If you have version 2.1 or greater, the
software is capable of doing it without hassle.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 8:05 PM lpasmanoranjan <lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Users,
> I have a shaded plot e.g. future change in temperature over a region. I
> would like to overlay the 95% significant grid point over the shaded plot.
> I have the shaded plot and the significant plot separately. But I can't
> overlay these two as per my requirement. Please check the attached example
> figure. Any idea how to do it?
> My script as follows
>
> 'open t2m.ctl'
> 'open significance.ctl'
> ‘set gxout shaded’
> 'd t2m.1'
> *I would like to highlight those grids which are higher than 1.98
> ‘set clevs 1.98'
> ‘d sig.2’
>
> Any suggestions or script is highly appreciated?
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> --
> Kind Regards,
> Mano

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Laboratory
Boulder, CO