[gradsusr] spatial and time series plot

Li, Guilong (EC) guilong.li at canada.ca
Tue Nov 3 12:25:04 EST 2020

It works. Thanks.

From: gradsusr <gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org> On Behalf Of Jeff Duda
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2020 11:20 PM
To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] spatial and time series plot

Absolutely. However, the dimension environment will be initially set to that from the first control file you open. So to plot data from the other data file, you will have to change the dimension environment before plotting (or as part of the display command).

You can modify the valid dimension on which to plot any field in the display command using arguments such as...

'd temp(time=12Z01JAN2001)'

even if the current valid time in the dimension environment is, say, 00Z 01 NOV 2020. Same with vertical level:

'd height(lev=500)'

to plot 500-hPa heights when the current vertical level setting is, say, 1000 hPa.

Also, don't forget to either switch the active file using 'set dfile n' or indicate that the fields for the second plot are coming from the second open file, e.g.:

'd height.2(lev=500)'

would plot 500-hPa heights from a second opened control file even if the vertical level setting is 1000 hPa.
Jeff