[gradsusr] Accessing geos-5 servers using GrADS and curl

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Sun Sep 29 12:15:06 EDT 2019

If ncdump works, then your .netrc file is okay and so is your netcdf library. Maybe the issue is with your .dodsrc file.

> > The .dodsrc file contains the following, on windows. (James wrote it needs to contain "remote OPeNDAP server access information". If that is the cause of the issue, what is the format?):
> >
> > #HTTP.NETRC="C:\Users\OWNER\_netrc"
> > #HTTP.COOKIEJAR="C:\Users\OWNER\_urs_cookies"

On my mac, ~/.dodsrc looks like this:

HTTP.NETRC=/Users/jma/.netrc
HTTP.COOKIEJAR=/Users/jma/.urs_cookies

It doesn’t work if I use $HOME instead of "/Users/jma”. Your windows syntax may be okay, but you’ve got # in the front of both lines. Try removing those and see if that changes anything.
—Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
George Mason University