[gradsusr] [EXTERNAL] Accessing geos-5 servers using GrADS

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Fri Sep 6 13:41:33 EDT 2019

Hi, Avi –
Please see https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/data-access for guidance on downloading and accessing data from GES DISC servers. If you already have an Earthdata account, and your profile has activated NASA GESDISC as an approved application, then follow the steps outlined under the GrADS section of that document – you may need to update your $HOME/.netrc or $HOME/.dodrc files. Note that the example URLs in that document should start with https instead of http.
If you are still having trouble accessing the data server, please contact our help desk at gsfc-help-disc at lists.nasa.gov<mailto:gsfc-help-disc at lists.nasa.gov>.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.
NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2
Building 32, Room S159
(301) 614-6070

From: gradsusr <gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org> on behalf of avi kojokro <kojokroavi at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 10:55 AM
To: גראדס <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [gradsusr] Accessing geos-5 servers using GrADS

Hi,
I have been trying to connect to this<https://goldsmr4.gesdisc.eosdis.nasa.gov/dods/> site and it asks for login details. I have such details and when entered correctly I am able to access the site. However, I can not access the same site using GrADS, probably because GrADS doesn't have the needed login details and consequently fails to authenticate. Does anyone know how to access the site despite the need for login? (Perhaps by a scrip that can cause GrADS to send the needed details?)

Thanks, Avi