[gradsusr] Create gif in GrADs

Robert Kuligowski bob.kuligowski at noaa.gov
Thu May 23 15:49:48 EDT 2019

Emily,

     I believe that more recent versions of GrADS no longer support .gif
format, but the ImageMagick(TM) convert command can do the conversion
from .png to .gif easily.

Cheers,

Bob

On 5/23/2019 3:07 PM, Saunders, Emily (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND
APPLICATIONS INC] wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am having an issue using the ‘gxprint’ command to create a .gif from
> multiple .png files. I am currently creating multiple png files for
> each hourly time step, but when I add the command gxprint filename.gif
> I receive the following error message “GXPRINT error: unsupported
> output format”. Any suggestions would be helpful and thank you for
> your help in advance.
>
> Emily Saunders, PhD.
>
> Senior Research Scientist
>
> Global Modeling and Assimilation Office/SSAI
>
> NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Bldg 33, Room B-227B
>
> Code 610.1, Greenbelt, MD, 20771
>
> Phone: +1-301-614-6532

Bob Kuligowski, Ph.D.
Meteorologist
NOAA/NESDIS/Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR)

Mailing Address:
NESDIS STAR/SMCD
Bob Kuligowski
NCWCP E/RA2