[gradsusr] Create gif in GrADs

Saunders, Emily (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] emily.saunders at nasa.gov
Thu May 23 15:07:58 EDT 2019

Dear all,

I am having an issue using the 'gxprint' command to create a .gif from multiple .png files. I am currently creating multiple png files for each hourly time step, but when I add the command gxprint filename.gif I receive the following error message "GXPRINT error: unsupported output format". Any suggestions would be helpful and thank you for your help in advance.

Emily Saunders, PhD.
Senior Research Scientist
Global Modeling and Assimilation Office/SSAI
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Bldg 33, Room B-227B
Code 610.1, Greenbelt, MD, 20771
Phone: +1-301-614-6532