[gradsusr] area and vertical average

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Fri May 10 12:52:03 EDT 2019

There are amin() and amax() functions that work similarly to aave():
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradfuncamin.html
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradfuncamax.html

If you want to know where the min/max values are located, use these functions:
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradfuncaminlocx.html
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradfuncaminlocy.html
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradfuncamaxlocx.html
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/gradfuncamaxlocy.html

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.

On 5/10/19, 11:47 AM, "gradsusr on behalf of sim.aberson" <gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org on behalf of sim.aberson at noaa.gov> wrote:

    Thanks for that information.  It helps.  My next question is whether
    there is anything I can do to speed up using min or max.  I want to find
    the minimum or maximum across my grid, so I have, for example:

    d max(max(mag(ugrd10m,vgrd10m),x=1,x=450),y=1,y=425)*1.945

    This takes about 5 minutes on a new mac.  Any suggestions, or just bear
    with it.

    Thanks,
    Sim