[gradsusr] Change Variable name in GrADS

Bamidele OLORUNTOBA dele_oloruntoba at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 11:16:17 EST 2019

Hi all,
I have a netcdf output from MET which gives me a variable name containing uppercase letters, dash, underscore and numbers. Like this:"ACPCP_-245951”. I saw Jennifer Adams’s response to a question similar to mine on http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2017-December/041371.html <http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2017-December/041371.html> and I love to try it out. However, I tried this command on my grads terminal but it tells me "unknown command: dset”. I even changed the case but it still brought the same error. How do I do this please? Time seems unfriendly right now.

My netcdf file is hereby attached for your observation and possible solution.
Thanks

Bamidele J. OLORUNTOBA,
Numerical Weather Modelling Expert,
Satellite and Weather Information for Disaster Resilience in Africa (SAWIDRA)
African Center of Meteorological Application for Development (ACMAD)
55 Avenues des Ministeres,
Niamey-plateau,
Republic of Niger.
Mail:o.bamidele at acmad.org