[gradsusr] New GFS accumulated precipitation variable

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 13 10:39:01 EDT 2019

Hi,

There is a little information under "The new GFS forecast files"

    https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/wgrib2/ncep_norm.html

If you want a ctl file for GFS file and want to have different variable
names
for two APCP fields, you have to use alt_g2ctl/alt_gmp with the -0t option.

    https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/alt_g2ctl_gmp.html

alt_g2ctl -0t GFS.in >GFS.ctl
alt_gmp GFS.ctl

Templating the original files is a harder problem.

Wesley