[gradsusr] How to make colorbar vertical using xcbar.gs

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 16:01:43 EDT 2019

if you ever try to run xcbar with no arguments, a help menu should appear
and indicate all possible inputs and arguments. To answer your question,
you can use the first four arguments to set the x-limits and y-limits of
the color bar. The code will assume that if you choose really narrow
x-limits and comparatively larger y-limits that you are looking for a
vertical color bar, and will plot it as such.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 12:57 PM Tracey <tdorian10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I plot a *vertical *colorbar using xcbar.gs?  I've tried using
> the "-dir vertical" command, but it doesn't seem to be working.  For
> example I have:
>
> 'xcbar -dir vertical'
>
> I've also tried directly changing the xcbar.gs script so that vertical
> always equals 1, but no matter what I do the colorbar is staying
> horizontal.  Does anyone know how to make the colorbar vertical?  I prefer
> to use xcbar instead of cbarn since I don't believe one can use a skip (-fs
> in xcbar.gs) function with cbarn.gs.
>
> Thanks,
> Tracey

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO