[gradsusr] Update on getting grads working on MacOS with Mojave 10.14.5

Uma Bhatt usbhatt at alaska.edu
Wed Jun 5 13:34:14 EDT 2019

Dear Grads Users & Jennifer,

 I just want to report that I have finally (been working on this since last fall - not full time of course) gotten
Grads working on my new laptop with Mojave. Part of it is my lameness but also Apple has changed the
way it deals with various open source software. In the end, I was able to get it working using the open source
software ‘manager’ Brew. You need to use ‘cask’ to install grads (took me a while to figure this out). I am now
happily able to get work done again. Macports did not work for me.

 Regards,
 Uma

——————
We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.
- Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist and Nobel laureate

Uma S. Bhatt
Professor of Atmospheric Sciences & Geophysical Institute,
Director Cooperative Institute for Alaska Research
physical location: Akasofu (IARC) Building (2158 Koyukuk Drive), Room 315
office location: https://map.what3words.com/parade.string.most
mailing address:
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Geophysical Institute
2156 Koyukuk Drive
Fairbanks, Alaska  99775-7320

tel: (907) 474-2662  fax: (907) 474-2643

email: usbhatt at alaska.edu
web: http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/usbhatt/